Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Journey Starts Here - Day 1

Well, you have to start somewhere.  My journey started last year when I signed up to do the Princess Run and be a part of Team Freedom.  I had all intentions of starting to train then and life got in the way.  Doesn't that always seem to happen?  Well, here it is February and the race is just 17 days away.  Have I begun to train - no, not exactly.  
You see during the month of January I was not feeling well and recovering from a chemical irritation on my lungs and an asthmatic attack.  Lots of time went by and wow look the race is just around the corner and I am in no condition to walk 13.1 miles.  But, that is not going to stop me.  I am going to go and walk as much as I can and really start to train better for more races throughout the year.  You see, my ultimate goal is to do a half marathon at Disneyland and at Disney World in the same year.  I WANT THAT MEDAL.  I think it is so cool looking.  
We all have to strive for something and this is a way to hopefully motivate me to get in shape.  I would like to maybe sign up and train for the Tinker Bell Half Marathon next year, but I have to make sure I also have the money as that would be a huge expense to go to California, race and have a hotel.  Then I could do the Wine and Dine in the fall here at Disney World, because I think doing another Half Marathon in February would be too much for me, but hey you never know.  Depends on how my training can go throughout this year.  Only problem is that these races fill up so darn fast.  
Anyway - enough about that.  What's your goal this year?  Do you even have a goal?  I know we all seem to make New Year's Resolutions and then forget about them come the end of January because they all sound great at the beginning of the year, then life seems to get in the way, doesn't it?
My goals for this year are as follows:

  • Complete the Princess Half Marathon
  • Continue working on my degree with Rasmussen College, I should finish next year since I am having some set back issues this semester.
  • Get into better physical shape by taking better care of myself
  • Get into better spiritual shape
  • Spend more time with friends
All are attainable.  When you think about it any goal that you set for yourself is attainable, you just have to keep it in the forefront of your mind and have some great accountability with friends and family.

So, I will close with one question for you.  

What is your goal for this year?  Please comment and share so I can keep you in my prayers as we journey this life together.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment