Monday, February 11, 2013

Praising God for Small Accomplishments

I am so excited.  Today's workout was a great surprise for me.  I was so stoked at the end of the workout.  I made it to the Y tonight and wanted to get on the treadmill.  Honestly I was a bit nervous as in the past when I have made an effort to walk, for instance a 5K, I would start out and my legs from my knees down would be killing me at about a tenth of a mile in.  They would start to feel as if I had a million needles busting out of my legs from the inside and it was so incredibly painful.  Then the tops of my feet would start to go numb and I would have to make a mental decision to continue walking and just walk thru the pain.  Well, tonight a breakthru.  I got on the treadmill and put in the profile to do a 5K and to my surprise I did not have the leg pain that I typically have.  PRAISE THE LORD.  I do have a bit of heal pain, not sure if it is plantar fasciitis or if it is plantar warts. Last night I started to duct tape my heals just in case it is plantar warts.  I am going to suffocate them to get rid of the pain.

I am just so stoked that I feel like I am making a breakthru that I have been wanting to have for a couple years now.  I know if I start to lose some of this weight some of these issues will resolve themselves, it is just slow baby steps.  Making it thru this half marathon is going to be a good thing, who knew that this would get me motivated for my fitness health.  I was thinking I was doing this as a challenge, and that it is.

Just praising the Lord for His goodness.  Tomorrow is a new day and will make it back to the Y to see what I can accomplish tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment