Sunday, February 17, 2013

One week away

In one week I will be completing my first Half Marathon.  I would love to finish all 13.1 miles, but I am being realistic and if I can get to mile 7 in the allotted time I will be happy.  Although at my current walk time I should be able to get 9 miles in the 3 hours.

I got a new tech toy in the mail on Friday and have just now been able to try to set it up.  I had been hearing a lot about this "GYMBOSS".  I saw it on Jeff Galloway's page and saw it mentioned in the Princess Half Marathon program booklet.  I decided to invest the money in it and set the interval time up for a 16 minute mile.  Run 20 seconds, walk 40 seconds.  I think I can do this, actually I know I can do this, as I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me.  This is definitely a time in which I will be leaning on the Lord's strength to get me thru this race.

My feet are still hurting a bit, but I am going to try to "ice" them tomorrow.  I am not so sure about that.  I have such pain when I am cold due to my arthritis and when I get cold I just stiffen up.  So putting ice on my feet I don't know.  I am just going to trust this, I have heard lots of people mention this, so I am going to give it a shot since it comes so recommended.

Also, as a treat to myself before the race I am going to get a massage on Thursday and hoping to try to go get a massage on Sunday after the race, if we feel that we need it.

I am starting to get really excited about the race and the accomplishments I know I will feel after completing the race.  This is one of the biggest challenges I have put before me in a long time.  We must challenge ourselves if we want to grow.  Oh, and I saw an incredible inspirational video tonight of a vet who lost about 140 pounds in 10 months from yoga.  I want to look this up more.  He did a great job losing all the weight and he is able to move about so much better now.

Gotta go and finish the laundry for this week.  It is going to be such a busy week trying to get everything together for the race and trying to do a bit of training, but not over doing it.  I want this week to be an easy week and need to get LOTS of water in me to try to get some of the toxins out before the race.

Until later in the week - have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment